News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't install mods

Started by zzuzu, January 18, 2011, 07:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzuzu

Hello, everybody

I have kind of big problem. When I want to install new mod, it's okay. At least it looks like it's okay. But it won't edit files even though folders are chmoded to 777.

Any idea where is the problem?

Thanks in advance

Illori

what error message are you receiving?

zzuzu

That's the thing. None. SMF says that mods are installed, but they are not. I tried it with multiple mods.

This is my php info if it willl help

http://dmd247.com/phpini.php

zzuzu

So previous problem I fixed thanks to "temp" add how was said here.

But I have another problem

1. Execute Modification SMF2-0/Sources.xml Modification parse error
2. Execute Modification SMF2-0/Sources.xml Modification parse error
3. Execute Modification SMF2-0/BoardsAndTopics.xml Modification parse error
4. Execute Modification SMF2-0/BoardsAndTopics.xml Modification parse error
5. Execute Modification SMF2-0/Themes.xml Modification parse error
6. Execute Modification SMF2-0/Themes.xml Modification parse error
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Sources/PrettyUrls.php
9. Extract File ./Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
10. Extract File ./Sources/PrettyUrls-Tests.php
11. Extract File ./Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php
12. Extract File ./Themes/default/PrettyUrls.template.php
13. Extract Tree ./Themes/default/pretty
14. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/PrettyUrls.english.php
15. Adapt Database SMF2-0/install.php

What can I do with it? When I check permissions, they are fine. They are 775 but still writeable. Now... I can't uninstall and I can't even install again pretty urls. What should I do? I'm desperate! :(

Illori

did you install pretty urls before an upgrade? you might need to emulate RC3 to uninstall it.

zzuzu

I tried to get rid off it but it badly uninstalled, I think. So there are still old files but they are not working anymore. Topics etc. are under numbers and not "names" like it was before.

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

zzuzu

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on January 18, 2011, 04:15:35 PM
Please link to a phpinfo file.

What is a phpinfo() file?

Already did above:

Quote from: zzuzu on January 18, 2011, 08:17:08 AM
That's the thing. None. SMF says that mods are installed, but they are not. I tried it with multiple mods.

This is my php info if it willl help

http://dmd247.com/phpini.php

Also... sometimes it acts pretty weird... for example... I install "Search User In MP" and it shows installation info from "Member Color Link" but it edits files correctly. But then on next page, it says "you installed Member Color Link successfully".

Jessica.

I think I have the same problem as you. you have successfully installed some mods right? but the settings aren't showing?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

IchBin™

Have you tried creating the temp directory in the packages directory making it 777, and then installing? If that doesn't work, what about uploading the mod unzipped into a folder inside the packages directory, then trying to install it? It's a server issue obviously, you just have to see if there's a way that your server will let you work around it.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

zzuzu

I fixed my problem! Obviously, I should listen to people who said newest Opera is full of bugs. I tried it in Internet Explorer and to my surprise, no more errors!!! I'm so happy. Just too bad that I didn't try it like 8 hours ago. haha

Anyway, thank you so much everyone for the help. I hope it will be okay now. Thank you again :)

Advertisement: