SMF 2.0 RC4 Layout question

Started by generustman, January 19, 2011, 01:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

generustman

After my upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC4 the main thread in a group now drops down and the last reply is at the top. Anyone know how to fix that. I like the topic I started on top and then the replies bellow it

Matthew K.

Do you mean that when you click a topic name it links you to the latest reply? And you want it to link you to the first?

generustman

I mean say I click on my "General Discussion" board....then Lets say I have one called "Today is Wednesday" Inside there. When I click on "Today is Wednesday" then what I want is that original message inside there to be on top and my members replies too whatever I wrote inside "Today is Wednesday" to follow

Arantor

Hang on, there's two things this could be.

Firstly, it could be that you want the first post to always remain visible regardless of the number of posts/pages of posts. This will require a mod.

Secondly, it could be that for whatever reason, now the newest posts show first and go in order of newest->oldest. This can be fixed so the oldest posts are first with a setting in the admin panel. But I'm not going to go digging to find it without confirming that this is the problem.

generustman

Actually the way you put it its the one requiring  a mod for 2.0rc4. When I start a new thread I want what I post to stay on top and all the pages of replies to that post to follow.

Any Help?????

Arantor

I don't think anyone's written the mod and I definitely don't have time to do so to make it 1) work properly and 2) not cause a fairly huge performance hit to all thread views :(

Advertisement: