News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

"Receive personal messages from all members" by default?

Started by Mari-chi, January 19, 2011, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mari-chi

Hi :3

The default when a person first registers seems to be set to "Receive personal messages from administrators only" on my forum. How can I change that default to "all members"?

Thanks<3

-Mari

Mari-chi

Bump!

Edit: Gah. Sorry for bumping under 24 hours. :/ My time said 10:24AM... Dx

Mari-chi

Thanks Spoogs. :)

The default now changes to "All members except those on my ignore list". Now I have a couple more questions:

1) How do I disable the ability for members to "ignore" other members?
2) How can I set the default to just "all members"?

Illori

if you dont want people to be able to ignore others you should disable the buddy list, that would be the easiest option. as far as i know at this time there is no way to change the default but by digging into the code.

Mari-chi

Hm, that's strange. I tested the PM system with two test accounts, whose PM default is sent to "receive PMs from administrators only", and yet, I was able to send/receive PMs from each account to the other with no problem.

Is that supposed to happen? :S

live627

No? That may be a possible bug, but without testing it myself, I could br stabbing in the dark. Hey, I'll set my setting to receive from admins only and you can attempt to send me a PM.

Mari-chi

I sent you a PM on your forum, Live!

I got the PM sent message: "Your message has been sent successfully."

Oh wait, lol. I'll try on this forum. XD I'm tired today. lol.

It gives me this message: "User 'live627' has blocked your personal message."

^ I'm assuming that's the message that I'm supposed to get. :3

P.S., the only mods installed on my forum in relation to the PM system is Solo's "PM Attachments" mod. >_< When I try to uninstall it, I get this 'test failed': http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/irinaqueer/misc/uninstallerror.png

I remember it installed without any problems. :/

Spoogs

Bug

Quote from: Mari-chi on January 20, 2011, 03:07:32 PM
P.S., the only mods installed on my forum in relation to the PM system is Solo's "PM Attachments" mod. >_< When I try to uninstall it, I get this 'test failed': http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/irinaqueer/misc/uninstallerror.png

You've installed other mods since that have modified that file

live627

QuoteIt gives me this message: "User 'live627' has blocked your personal message."
Then it works

QuoteWhen I try to uninstall it, I get this 'test failed': http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/irinaqueer/misc/uninstallerror.png

Another mod that has been installed later inserted code in the same spot, thus making the PM Attachments mod fail.

Sortable Packages (and installed time) should help in this case.

Mari-chi

Dx Oh noes, a bug. :I

I suppose I can just manually change the settings for everyone.

Funny thing is, the 'receive PMs from administrators only' seems to work for some accounts, but not others. I don't see a pattern as of yet. :/

Advertisement: