Bad uninstallation of plugin

Started by zzuzu, January 19, 2011, 02:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzuzu

Hello,

I badly uninstalled mod and now I can't install it again.

It says

"Duplicate key name 'id_msg'
File: /*****/****/dmd247/Packages/temp/post_history/Subs-Install.php
Line: 136"

Can you help me out how to drop it or something?

Thank you in advance

Suki

for mod related issues it is advice to go to the mod's support topic.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

zzuzu

I know. But this is not kind of plugin related. It's more database related. Here's whole error:

http://dmd247.com/index.php?pretty;action=admin&area=packages;sa=install2;package=history;pid=0Database Error: Duplicate key name 'id_msg'

ALTER TABLE smf_messages_history
ADD INDEX id_msg (id_msg)File: /****/****/dmd247/Packages/temp/post_history/Subs-Install.php
Line: 136

________

So I guess drop "smf_messages_history"?

Spoogs

Give some additional details

What mod did you uninstall badly..?
How did you uninstall it badly?
What exactly have you done since you uninstalled it badly?

Suki

if you unistall the mod, perhaps there are still code remain for that mod,   just follow the parser for that particular mod and unistall any code still left in your files.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

zzuzu

It was mod called "Post History"

I installed Pretty Urls in Opera and then went all pages with error 404. So I used repair_Settings.php and also fix by author but it didn't work. So I replaced all the files. Only pictures stayed same. And then I went to install all plugins all over again. Others went fine. But not this one. Because it has old entry in the database. So now I need to somehow get rid off that old column of that plugin to install it over again.

Advertisement: