News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade halted at 38%, "updating search cache"

Started by ssgsmith, January 19, 2011, 03:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssgsmith

I am trying to update from using 1.1.12 to SMF 2.0 RC4. and everytime it keeps getting stuck at 38% saying Updating Search Engine Cahce. how do I fix this?

Kindred

how do you know it is stuck?   How long are you waiting before you exit the page and "assume" that it is stuck?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ssgsmith

I let it go overnight and it said no response from the server.

ssgsmith

hxxp:i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/helljumper51/ssssss.jpg [nonactive]

here is what it looks like

khemara

Did you make a backup of the database? What if you click on "Continue"?

ssgsmith

its a new forum so i did not back it up becuase there were no posts. and I clicked continue but nothing happened.

khemara

Quote from: ssgsmith on January 19, 2011, 11:28:47 PM
its a new forum so i did not back it up becuase there were no posts. and I clicked continue but nothing happened.
If it is a new forum, then it might be easier if you download the latest package and install it.

ssgsmith

ok, what does this mean? I tried a fresh install and got this after the page where you define the address for the forum:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_fatal_error() in /home/stmarine/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 82

khemara

Quote from: ssgsmith on January 20, 2011, 09:27:17 PM
ok, what does this mean? I tried a fresh install and got this after the page where you define the address for the forum:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_fatal_error() in /home/stmarine/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 82
Did you put correct MySQL database information?

ssgsmith

xiphirx

That's your problem then :P You need to fill the database information in :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: ssgsmith on January 19, 2011, 11:28:47 PM
If it's a new forum with no posts, why didn't you just install the latest version straight away?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ssgsmith

it only gave me the option to install version 1.1.12(the server). so then I tried just using the large install file(not upgrade) and do not evein install through my server, but manually. and that is where I am at. It gives me that error message whenever I try to go past step 4

Kindred

you have to enter the correct database information....   and if you have an existing database from a failed 1.1.x install, you should drop all the tables in that before running install.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: