Coincidental timing of 500 errors

Started by trekkie2444, January 19, 2011, 05:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekkie2444

Hi, I just finished the details on a new theme for my forum (it was installed and I've been using it before this started) and on the same day, a constant stream of 500 server errors began that has not stopped. I made some modifications to certain things, but I'm not sure how any of them could affect this. The changes that I made were adding a new board, changing my block settings on simpleportal to show articles on the portal page instead, and reconfiguring another block with HTML for a quick register button. I fail to see how any of these things would give me the message "the server is either down for maintenance or is configured incorrectly" on the latest version of Google Chrome and there's not even anything in my error log. The one other culprit I can think of is Pretty URLs, but that would be one hell of a coincidence (maybe the new board I added?).

Here's my forum URL if that can help you figure anything out, I'm sure you'll find the error very quickly when loading a page. I contacted the host and they said I hadn't reached any of my limits, and conveniently they haven't been able to replicate the error.

http://e-p1.net

Illori

have you checked your server error log? anything in your admin/smf error log?

trekkie2444

I haven't checked the server error log, that is a good idea. The admin error log has no new or related errors.

Illori

can you try putting in a support ticket with your host and ask them what might be going on?

Advertisement: