News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error 500 (ISE) when uploading avatar

Started by Enverex, January 19, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enverex

I set up SMF this afternoon and I've been quite pleased with it apart from one odd quirk. The server errors out with an Internal Server Error 500 when a user uploads an avatar. What is more odd is that it seems to save the avatar and any other profile changes, despite the error. Everything else works fine as far as I can tell.

Apache and PHP config is here : xnode.org/dev/info.php [nofollow]
Forum is here: retrotracks.net/forum/ [nofollow]

It's the latest version (v2, RC4) downloaded this afternoon.

The only error log entries regarding this are in the site's own error log. There isn't anything additional in the global apache log file or the suexec log.
[Wed Jan 19 22:42:19 2011] [warn] [client 2.100.7.86] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: retrotracks.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile
[Wed Jan 19 22:42:19 2011] [error] [client 2.100.7.86] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: retrotracks.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile

It errors instantly, there isn't a delay or pause of any sort. Is this actually a bug or some strange quirk?

EDIT: Had to remove the http entries as the forum doesn't like me posting URLs.

Illori

have you put in a support ticket with your host to see what they think?

Enverex

Quote from: Illori on January 19, 2011, 07:19:34 PM
have you put in a support ticket with your host to see what they think?

I am the host, or rather it's my own server.

Enverex

Has no-one else had this problem? My setup certainly isn't unique as it's what Apache are pushing towards in terms of general setup.

kat

This COULD be simple...

Have you mistyped the SuExec Directive in the Virtualhost-Config?

Don't forget that the "User" and "Group" differ from the file owners.

Enverex

Everything else works except for what I've mentioned. If suexec was setup wrong then nothing would work at all, including the main site. Also the user and group shouldn't differ from the file owners as I'm using FCGID (as mentioned before) so PHP is running as the user that owns the files.

On a random note, the captcha on this site is rather difficult.

kat

Not simple, then. :(

No idea, then, I'm afraid.

Let's hope someone with a brain sees this. ;)

Advertisement: