Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Help!!! Crashed my forum!

Started by TeaTephi, January 20, 2011, 05:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaTephi

Getting this error

Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'

trying to restore the database, but this was the result of attempting to do that.  Now that's all i get!  Help!

And now I got this error:

Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Illori

what were you last doing before this error came up?

TeaTephi

Quote from: Illori on January 20, 2011, 05:35:02 PM
what were you last doing before this error came up?

I was trying to get my data for profile comments back, so I decided to restore the database from 10 days ago, now I can't get anything but that error.
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Illori

did you do any changes to your forum in those 10 days? upgrade by chance?

TeaTephi

I recently upgraded to 2.0 on that day !  Oh my gosh I didn't think of that.

Illori

ok so you need to run the upgrade script, then be sure to backup the updated database ;)

TeaTephi

ok so just start over from scratch like when I upgraded? that doesn't sound too bad. :-\

Illori

TeaTephi

!!
Error!
Unknown column 'eventDate' in 'where clause'

Got this in the "Database changes" part of upgrade.   What should I do?

Illori

last time this came up the solution seemed to be

Quote from: xenovanis on August 13, 2010, 01:00:53 AM
Glad it's solved :) Turned out the database was party converted, yet the version number was still 1.1.9. That's why the convertor got stuck.
not sure if that is helpful though.

TeaTephi

Quote from: Illori on January 20, 2011, 06:07:54 PM
last time this came up the solution seemed to be

Quote from: xenovanis on August 13, 2010, 01:00:53 AM
Glad it's solved :) Turned out the database was party converted, yet the version number was still 1.1.9. That's why the convertor got stuck.
not sure if that is helpful though.

I'm confused, how do I change the version number?

Illori

settings table smfVersion variable

TeaTephi

Quote from: Illori on January 20, 2011, 06:23:22 PM
settings table smfVersion variable
Is that in a php file or in phpmyadmin?

Illori

TeaTephi

Illori

cant hurt to try it again, then check to see if your forum is working.

TeaTephi

I don't know what to change here?  Where is the smf version listed?

Illori

TeaTephi

Illori

TeaTephi

Okay upgrade said it completed properly, but it still says the forum is upgrading

Illori

open settings.php and modify it as it says for maintenance mode.

TeaTephi

Thanks Illori!

I finally got it working.  Need to reinstall a few mods, and lost a little data, but it's back!  Thank you!

Advertisement: