News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

default filepermissions

Started by simpsonetti, January 22, 2011, 09:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpsonetti

Hi, i have a fresh install of SMF2 and two mods: AEVA and PortaMX.
I want to know, if there must be default Filepermission and with wich settings.

Spoogs

SMF itself has some default permissions but you really should check them to make sure its what you want and change accordingly. Any mod you install that adds permissions usually dont have any default permissions set (being that the mod author has no idea how you'll be using the mod) so you really should set the permissions the way you want them.

simpsonetti

sure, the modautrhor doesn't know it, but i don'T know what SMF itself need for filepermission.
at installation i read 777 and i think this couldn't be good  for running a forum into this.

Spoogs

Ahh  see... I thought u were talking about the member permissions :P

Kays

File and folder permissions depend on your server setup. Typically, the server will assign permissions when either is created. For files, normally it's 644. While for folder it's either 755, 777 or 775. Best thing to do for the folders is to check to see what the permissions are for existing folders and to use that.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

kat

Easy way:

Admin>Packages>Options>File Permissions.

If you set "Use predefined permission profile:" to "Standard", you won't go far wrong. :)

Advertisement: