News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mass change topic titles

Started by thatjustit, January 23, 2011, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatjustit

Hello,
I have very many topics where I have to change their names/titles, but I'd like to do it with changing post names/titles in that topics automatically, too. I can make it by moving the topic and checking to change all posts title. But I have to move the topic two times (second one to move it back). It takes a lot of time if I have several hunderd of threads to change.
Is there any way to do it faster or automatically. Currently I have changed topic names, but old posts names in that topic.
Regards,

Illori

there is not really any shortcut in this process sorry.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

When you view the topics in the board, double click in the space besides the topic name. It will allow you to change the topic name straight away.

Illori

i am having issues testing this on my 2.0 RC4 test install, but on 1.1.12 it only changed the name of the op but not in each reply which i think is what the op here wants.

CapadY

I don't exactly understand what you want to change but is it an option to use a SQL query ? In that case you can change a real lot of titles in only one run.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

thatjustit

@Illori is right about what I want to do. I mean I want to mass change topics and replies in that topic titles. I'm not sure that mysql queries could fix that, hmm.
And @(F.L.A.M.E.R) solution isn't working for me on that 2.0RC4 installation.

Kindred

you can't do it via any admin tool...   you would have to build SQL UPDATE statements...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thatjustit

Could you give me any tutorial or short how-to then, please?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thatjustit

Thanks, I hope I will make it work.

Kindred

reminder....

ALWAYS take a backup of your mySQL database before performing any edits directly in the db!
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: