News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Split web install (best practices)

Started by I Agree, January 23, 2011, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Agree

Hello,

I've decided to start things afresh with 2.0. I wanted basically to download the package to the website, but all the download links I found were not the kind you can peg an actual address to. Probably if someone could just point me to one of those that is reliable I'd be all set...

However, I'm angling towards the WebInstall option. Only thing is I normally install the software stuff in a shared folder that is not html accessible. Then put the different theme files for multiple forums in their own locations.

I reckon probably just installing the first time from a www directory would work. Then just move over the common files and rewire all the settings to the new file locations. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to get a "professional" opinion/perspective first.

Thanks

I Agree

Some errors on first page of installer after "agreeing" to the EULA or whatever:

Notice: Undefined index: access in /home/xxx/webapps/www/share/smf2.0/webinstall.php on line 1319

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/xxx/webapps/www/share/smf2.0/webinstall.php on line 1319

Notice: Undefined index: access in /home/xxx/webapps/www/share/smf2.0/webinstall.php on line 1319

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/xxx/webapps/www/share/smf2.0/webinstall.php on line 1319

Notice: Undefined index: smf_2-0-rc4_ in /home/xxx/webapps/www/share/smf2.0/webinstall.php on line 584

I Agree

The web installer doesn't look like it's going to workout. Is there an ftp address I can ftp an install archive from?

Road Rash Jr.

Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I Agree

Was just about to try to delete this thread. But since someone replied...

Yes I was aware of the download links (the download page recommends webinstall.php) but I was not aware the full install file was so small (less than 3MB) so I was worrying about nothing pretty much.

Wouldn't hurt to put the filesizes on the download page. Thanks!

Arantor

(Just as a heads-up, the support boards normally ask for 24 hours before bumping... especially as bumping pushes topics down the support team's "to do" list)

Advertisement: