redirecting error after post

Started by DSeyir, January 24, 2011, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSeyir

Hi,
I'm getting an error every time I create a  new post when I press publish button, it show me
QuoteThe page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

*   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
          cookies.

I'm using the forum on a sub domain, and using the Pretty urls mod, and when I'm watching a post the url is "sud.domain/postname" and when I create a new post and press publish it trys tor redirect to something like "sub.domain/index.php/topic,29.msg33.html#msg33".

Any help please?

Thanks
Stop dreamin, start living!

Illori

is this working correctly with other browsers?

Arantor

Yay for leaving the queryless URLs option on before enabling Pretty URLs. Unfortunately you can't disable it because the original mod author so helpfully removed it from the admin panel.

I would suggest looking at the mod's thread but I know for a fact it doesn't contain the answer at least in the last two or three pages, and unless you feel comfortable deleting stuff manually from your database the only answer is to uninstall Pretty URLs, untick the option, and reinstall it.

DSeyir

Quote from: Illori on January 24, 2011, 08:14:24 AM
is this working correctly with other browsers?
no, on other browsers it shows a blank  page.

Quote from: Arantor on January 24, 2011, 08:22:07 AM
Yay for leaving the queryless URLs option on before enabling Pretty URLs. Unfortunately you can't disable it because the original mod author so helpfully removed it from the admin panel.

I would suggest looking at the mod's thread but I know for a fact it doesn't contain the answer at least in the last two or three pages, and unless you feel comfortable deleting stuff manually from your database the only answer is to uninstall Pretty URLs, untick the option, and reinstall it.

I´ve uninstalled Pretty URLs and works fine, but where do I untick that option on version SMF 2.0 RC4 ?

Arantor

Use the search box right there in your admin panel!

DSeyir

done all that, and reinstalled again. Working great. Thanks

Advertisement: