News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Validation Emails

Started by MobileCuisine, January 24, 2011, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobileCuisine

How long should it take for the original validation email to be sent?

I have version2 r4 installed at hxxp:mobile-cuisine.com/forums [nonactive]

I launched a couple of days ago and to date have 15 users signed up. I have had many guests show up, and when I check who is on, many of the ips show they are signing up for an account, but it has been a couple of days since my last member signed up.

I wanted to find out if there was a problem, so I attempted to make two dummy accounts for the forums.

The first I created has now been nearly 45 minutes since I submitted the account information without an email (created on a dummy hotmail account) with the first account, I have even had a new activation email sent to the email address.

The second account I created (another older live (hotmail) account I have used in the past) was 25 minutes ago. Still no account validation email in the inbox nor the junk mail section.

Shouldn't the validation emails go out almost immediately? Is there a way to speed this process up (through administration)?

Please help,

-MC

Illori

this would be partly configured by your host. there is not much you can do to speed it up unless you use another mail server that is faster then what your host as configured. it could also be that your mail configuration is not correct for your server and therefore the email is not actually being sent out.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you actually made sure your forum is setup so that it CAN send e-mails?
You can test this by sending yourself a newsletter, or subscribing to a topic or board and see if notifications are sent.
Also, if no e-mails are sent, you should take a look at your errorlogs - and please let us know if there are any errors that might be relevant.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: