Very odd error! Double byte characters and missing text!

Started by SilverLining, January 24, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

Hi guys,

okay, a member of mine contacted me recently saying that some japanese characters he'd had in a post had disappeared and some had been replaced with question marks. I looked around, saw he was right but I could post japanese characters myself so I asked him to try again and it worked fine. However, shortly after he notices that some regular characters (whole lines in fact) had disappeared from at least one of his posts. In the text he posted there's a lot of lines that are intact and then some are just... missing! Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

EDIT: forgot to add, I had a problem a few weeks back where installing the wrong version of a mod the wrong way corrupted a few files. Could it be a result of this?

kat

Could well be.

Without knowing what mod it was, though, we can merely guess.

What other mods do you use?

SilverLining

Quote from: K@ on January 24, 2011, 04:38:06 PM
Could well be.

Without knowing what mod it was, though, we can merely guess.

What other mods do you use?

None. It was a WYSIWYG on quick reply mod. Also, I dissabled WYSIWYG being on by default when posting and after that the member said his text was visible again when he tried to edit the post, so it seems maybe that was the problem... very odd but it seems it's sovled (though I'll leave the topic open a few days incase it comes back).

kat

As you know, SMF v2 is, as it stands, an RC (Release Candidate) version.

I believe that the devs know about the problems with WYSIWYG editor and they're working on it, for the Final release. :)

Advertisement: