News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error Activating using activation Link

Started by ToReRo, January 24, 2011, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToReRo

tried to search the forum but couldn't see anything having the same problem as me...

activation link is being sent out ok... thing is... when you click on the activation link... it is not activating directly instead showing the activation page wherein you should key in your email addy and activation code manually...

notice when i registered here.. link looks like..

hxxp://wxw.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=activate;u=2xxxx9;code=exxxxxxxxa

from my site it does looked like..

hxxp://wxw.ganda-gwapo.com/index.php?action=activate;u=5;code=7xxxxxxxc

anything i missed in the settings?

Illori

is this happening to all users? do they happen to use gmail and internet explorer? there was a recent post you could search for on how links like those are broken in gmail with internet explorer. this is not an smf bug.

ToReRo

hmmm.. probably the case... coz when a member reported.. i tried myself using gmail and IE... and end up with such scenario..

thanks for the reply... will browse up the forum for the issue...

or... if it's not too much to ask... can you point me to the right thread?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi ToReRo, have you been able to find an answer to this? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: