News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Packages Help

Started by Chuchoide, January 25, 2011, 10:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuchoide

So, I want to install a mod, but everytime I want to, the page loads and turns blank... help.

Illori

what mod are you trying to install? have you checked the mods support thread?

kat

Hi and welcome to the forum, Chuchoide!

As you're new, to this, can you ensure that the mod(s) is/are compatible with the version of SMF that you're using?

When you say "the page loads and turns blank", can you tell us WHICH page?

Illori

well i know of one mod that has this same symptom due to a bad parse, but the mods support thread has a fix for it.

Chuchoide

well, im trying to install EzPortal and 2-SI Chat. Im sure they work with RC4. Ive tried SimplePortal too, no.
I cant tell which page... I just can remember at the end says like install= and the mod name, cant remember cleary, but now I cant see because now it gets stuck by Loading...

Illori

is your forum working ok otherwise? any errors in your error log?

Chuchoide

yes, a bunch of errors. but i found a cause, look:
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://axxeon-online.comlu.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=ezportal0.4.5.zip;pid=0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: fopen(/home/a4217165/public_html/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/a4217165/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2495

kat

Quote from: Illori on January 26, 2011, 07:30:37 AM
is your forum working ok otherwise? any errors in your error log?

I just latched-on to "I want to install a mod" and assumed it meant "Any mod".

I could be wrong, though.

After all, I'm only a mere male. ;)

kat

Try going to Packages>Options, Chuchoide, and setting the file permissions to "Standard".

Chuchoide

I think its any mod... before this happen, the readme file for installation showed up, and sometimes it said something like "You can't install or download any Mod because the Package folder or a file in it aren't writable!"
Something like that.

kat

Inside your Packages directory, try creating another, named "temp".

Make sure that's read/write-enabled.

Chuchoide

I aready had a temp folder, it was 755, changed to 777.
Now it loads and makes the page blank again, here's where at:
http://axxeon-online.comlu.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=2-SI_Chat_rev35.zip [nofollow]

kat

Humour me, here...

Try uploading the package, using FTP, into your Packages directory.

When it's there, try going to Admin>Packages>Browse packages and applying it.

Now, then...

Being a good admin, you HAVE backed-up your forum and database, haven't you? ;)

Chuchoide

Backed up? Yeah, of course.
Ill try that later, I got to go.
Thanks for the help.

kat

No sweat!

Keep us informed, yeah?

Chuchoide

Ok, im here now.
Now, I don't know what files to upload from the EzPortal 0.4.5 .rar file, i mean, i put every file on it in my packages directory? because there comes a lot of .php files and then an ezportal folder, what i put?

Illori

kat

Always best to RTFM, Chuchoide. ;)

Chuchoide

I still cant get what files to upload. And what do you mean K@?

Illori

Quote from: docs page on downloading packagesUpload a Package
This is probably the most commonly used portion of this page. This is where you can browse for a package on your computer by pressing on the Browse button and clicking Upload to upload the package to your forum. Alternatively you can even just type the complete path to the package right in the input. You will then be led to a page that will give you the option to Apply the mod. However, you don't have to apply the mod right then if you do not wish to, and may instead go to Browse Packages and install it at a later time.

maybe quoting the part that you should read might help.

Chuchoide

But isn't this for uploading them in the Package Manager? K@ said that I try to upload them with FTP, and I don't know which files in the .zip file to upload.

Illori

you can do it either way, i usually [98% of the time] use the package manager to upload the archive of the mod without touching it, and let the forum do the work. either way you upload the archive and then let the forum do the work given you have no errors reported.

Chuchoide

Chuchoide

Got it in FTP, same happens.

b4pjoe

Quote from: Chuchoide on January 26, 2011, 04:42:06 PM
Ok, im here now.
Now, I don't know what files to upload from the EzPortal 0.4.5 .rar file, i mean, i put every file on it in my packages directory? because there comes a lot of .php files and then an ezportal folder, what i put?

Are you extracting the files from the package and uploading them? If so, don't do that. You just upload the package file and the SMF Package Manager will extract them.

Beaverton

I'm having the same problem -  I can get the mod installed though, but I get the
Quotefailed to open stream: Permission denied
and
Quotepackage_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
in my error log.

It's driving me nuts.  :'(

Illori

Beaverton please open a separate topic for your issue.

Chuchoide

Yes, joec, Im uploading using the .zip file.

EDIT:
Fixed! Thanks everyone for the help!

ButtScratchas

How did you fix it, if you don't mind sharing?
I'm having this same problem.

Advertisement: