News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick Edit does not work for Global Mods

Started by jezinho, January 26, 2011, 01:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezinho

Hi,
I once again have found a strange issue, I'm not sure though if it's a small bug or if maybe a permission is set wrong.

A global mod in my board reported that he can't use the Quick Modify function (that's the small icon above the IP adress) for postings that were NOT started by him. He can click on it, make his changes, click on "save" - but it doesn't save the changes without saying why. He can modify those postings though going the usual way by clicking on "Modify" (right above the posting).

Quick Modify works for editing his own postings though, so I guess it won't be his browser causing those probs. For me (Admin) the Quick Edit function works for all postings.

It's again a minor issue, but could that be something with wrongly set permissions? Or is it a (maybe already known) bug?

I'm using SMF2 RC4 (upgraded from 1.1.12) with Core Theme, no mods installed.

Siirist

Quote from: jezinho on January 26, 2011, 01:56:33 PM

A global mod in my board reported that he can't use the Quick Modify function (that's the small icon above the IP adress) for postings that were NOT started by him. He can click on it, make his changes, click on "save" - but it doesn't save the changes without saying why. He can modify those postings though going the usual way by clicking on "Modify" (right above the posting).

Quick Modify works for editing his own postings though, so I guess it won't be his browser causing those probs. For me (Admin) the Quick Edit function works for all postings.

It's again a minor issue, but could that be something with wrongly set permissions? Or is it a (maybe already known) bug?

I'm using SMF2 RC4 (upgraded from 1.1.12) with Core Theme, no mods installed.

Hi,

I went to one of the forums I have that is running  SMF2 RC4. No mods installed and using Core theme.
I have an account just for testing purposes. (something you may want to consider)
I logged in as an Administrator and set that account to Global Moderator as Primary Membergroup .
I logged out, then logged in as the testing account username. I went to a post that was not created by the testing account and clicked on the paper with pencil icon, hover = Modify message.
I added test to the end of the post and then clicked on Save.
The modification (test) was present.
I then clicked on the paper with pencil icon and then removed test from the end of the post, and clicked on Save, and the word test was no longer present.

Perhaps you should create an account for testing purposes and try it out for yourself.

Take Care,
Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

jezinho

Hi Cloud,

thanks for your reply. I turned the good old test account which wasn't touched for a good time into a global moderator now - I can unfortunately confirm the problem for my forum :/

The test account has the same profile settings & permissions, it's primary membergroup is "global moderator" with a second membergroup determined by number of postings.

Admin: Can use the "Quick Modify" Button to modify all postings.
Global Mod: Can use the "Quick Modify" Button (hover = Modify message) only for modyfying his own postings, for other postings changes will not be saved.

Modyfying all postings using the "classic" way by clicking "Modify" (right above the posting, between "Quote" and "Delete") is possible for global mods though. It's just the Quick Modify thing which is not working...

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I don't think that it is something to do with permissions.

Is it ONLY him who is facing the issue or is it everyone?

Are there any errors within the error log?

Advertisement: