News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Replies to PM notifications

Started by colby2152, January 27, 2011, 05:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I have many people reply to PM email notifications.  They reply via email instead of on the forum.  Is there any way that I can set up a separate email address for the PM notifications, so that I can setup an automatic response?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Illori

the email address set in the admin panel is used for all email sent from the forum, you can use that one to do as you wish but remember this will mean no matter what email is sent or replied to they would get your auto reply.

willerby

What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on January 27, 2011, 07:05:09 PM
the email address set in the admin panel is used for all email sent from the forum, you can use that one to do as you wish but remember this will mean no matter what email is sent or replied to they would get your auto reply.

Hmm, well I could make that auto-reply and change all other forms of contact - my profile, contact page, etc...
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: colby2152 on February 02, 2011, 07:41:17 PM
Quote from: Illori on January 27, 2011, 07:05:09 PM

Hmm, well I could make that auto-reply and change all other forms of contact - my profile, contact page, etc...

You can do that if wanted but within the notification text, it always mentions that don't reply back to that email. Yet people to it.

Advertisement: