News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post based groups - post approval

Started by casp3r, January 28, 2011, 06:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

casp3r

I can see that it is possible to set regular groups for posting approval but is it possible to do the same with 'Post Count Based Groups' that I've created. I have a number created and the first group requires 0-5 posts, second group 6 - 50 post and so on. I would like to adminapprove the posts made by the first group. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Arantor

Sure.

Admin > Core Features > Post Moderation

Then set it so that Regular Members and the bottom post count group are set to 'post but require approval' and all other groups are set to 'post without needing approval'.

casp3r

Thank Arantor for the speedy reply. Setting the Regular Members to post approval - will that not affect everyone?
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Arantor

Yes... which is why you then have to set all the other post count groups to posting without requiring approval.

You see, in SMF's view, if you have permission to post without requiring approval, that overrides requiring approval, so if Regular Members have ability to post without requiring approval, it overrides the permissions on the bottom post count group - seeing how every person is in both a post count group AND a normal non-post-count group.

So you have to set it to require-approval for everyone, then set it to don't-need-approval for those who have been around a bit more.

(There is a way you can do it the other way around but that's likely to get more confusing in the long run as it happens)

casp3r

Thanks. Under 'Post Moderation' I can see the Regular Members group but not the group that I'm trying to restrict - I called it 'Test Group'.
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Arantor

Ahh...

Admin > Members > Permissions > Settings > Enable permissions for post count groups

casp3r

Got it now :) Many thanks for your help, it was very much appreciated.
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Advertisement: