Forum Home

Started by naijaping, January 28, 2011, 07:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naijaping

hi, i am new here and this is my first post, just wndering if anyone know which plugin i can use to arrange my forum home like the following website   

hxxp:nairaland.com [nonactive]

my website is : hxxp:naijaping.com [nonactive]

i really love the look as it makes it neat.

thanks

Arantor

* Arantor wonders how many more people want to exactly clone a forum that many consider ugly, and that already exists, when if they're looking for traffic, and success, the only way to go about that is to create something *unique*...

Kays

Yah, that is an ugly site. Plus it's using an out dated version of SMF 1.0.

Why not look into using a portal. There's a number available.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=17

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

naijaping

@ arantor, thanks for your reply, it may look ugly but i just want something like that , i want all my forum  category and their child to be in a vertical form and at the head as its in the website have provided while i have feeds from my choosen forum showing under.

regards

Illori

please do not post in more then one place about the same issue http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=419399

Arantor

All they've done is take the Babylon theme (which you can get for 2.0), and tweaked the style a bit for the boards/categories, and the bit at the bottom is a modified form of shoutbox.

bettamaster100

I would suggest using a portal :) Look in the portal sections of the customization database < mods < portals.

naijaping

@ better, thanks so much will give that a go. just finding away to customise my home page. expecially having all the board line on top.

Angelina Belle

naijaping -- did that solve your problem?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: