new installation, old database = template issues

Started by Ratboy601, January 28, 2011, 08:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratboy601

So here's my story:

I was running 1.1.12.  I was hacked.  I deleted index.php, and reinstalled a fresh copy of it.  Didn't work.  So I set out to uninstall my mods (simple portal, donations, spam blockers) hoping it would allow me to reinstall and get a working version of index.php.  It did not uninstall properly.  I gave up on that, and deleted my whole installation.  I uploaded the large update package for 2.0rc4.  I created setting.php and settings_bak.php, then ran repair_settings, and set everything to the proper directories, and set it to use the same sql database I'd been using before.  Then I ran upgrade.php.  It worked perfectly, seemingly.  It took me to the main index after upgrade.  First link I clicked took me to the "can't find main_above" error.  I looked that up in the forums here, and in the index.template.php I changed template_html_above to template_main_above; and template_body_below to template_main_below.  This fixed the error, but rendered the default theme (Curve) unusable.  I was still able to navigate with the index links.  I opened my database files in phpmyadmin and changed the name of the default theme from Core to Curve, as it had retained the info from the old installation.  Now I have functioning forums and the theme is looking ok, but no main menu at the top of my screen.  Are there more things I need to change in my database?  Or is there another solution to this conflict between old database vs. new installation?
----------------- EDIT---------------
So I changed the main_above and main_below back to their original values, and now it works, apparently all because I changed the name in the database.  No problem anymore.

Illori

try running repair_settings.php and reset your themes paths.

Ratboy601

I had already done that and double/triple checked it.  I was able to fix my issue above by replacing the original values of html_above and body_below.  Thanks anyway!

BTW, these forums have easily got the best support for their software that I have ever seen.  Kudos!  I am now thoroughly indoctrinated into the world of SMF...

CapadY

Have a look in the database table "Settings".  Because you are using an old database I think the old themes and paths will still be in there. Edit or remove them.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: