News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Help Please

Started by Nicollett, January 28, 2011, 12:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicollett

I am the owner of two SMF boards, www. goattalk.com/forum #  Powered by SMF 2.0 RC2, and www.politicalwakeupcall.com Powered by SMF 2.0 RC4, and I have a wonderful web master who has set up these forums for me for $. However, I am increasingly challenged in that he over time seems to not respond to my emails when I find things that need to be fixed/changed/added. I am therefore looking to hire a backup person to take on the issues I am facing. For instance, on www.politicalwakeupcall.com I emailed my web master the following:

Topic merging topics:

QuoteI had no problem merging if the topic are on the same page, but when I tried to merge topics from page 1 and page 2, no go.

His response was:
QuoteOk, here's what you do. Go to one of the topics, scroll to the bottom of the thread page, and click on Merge Topics. Post the ID number of the topic you want to merge with the topic you're viewing. (e.g. if the link of the topic you want to merge with the topic you're viewing is http://politicalwakeupcall.com/index.php?topic=59.0, then the ID number is 59.0). Click OK.

When I wrote back to him 01/22/11 saying there is no ID# required on www.goattalk.com/forum and I am concerned that Moderators on the new forum are not going to enter a # in order to merge topics, and I wanted to know what we can do to make it easier for the Mods., I have not had a response.

On www.goattalk.com/forum I need an additional business card and link added to the top of the page, but before that is done, a backup needs to be done, in case the board gets messed up, as it has before when someone tried to add a card up there. So far, no response.

So what I am looking for today, are bids on a per hour service rate, and a per job rate to handle the little things that come up over time. If you would like to take this on, I need to ask that you provide a timely response to emails within our service agreement, if you tend to go dark after you have been paid, we are not a good fit. Please email [email protected] if you can help with my SMF issues.

kat

Nicollett... Do you really want your e-mail address, here?

You'll get Spammed to death!!!

I believe I still have admin-access to your goattalk site.

Anything I can help you with, there?

PM me, if there is.

(I don't charge. But, obviously, I decide when I get to do things, coz of hospital appointments and the like)

Advertisement: