News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Downgrade RC4 to RC3

Started by BizBink, January 28, 2011, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BizBink

Well I need to do this in order to use a mod that has never been updated and there is no other mod for RC4 that's like this.

How do I downgrade properly

vbgamer45

I would not advise to. what mod? I would try to do a manual install of that mod on RC4
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SlammedDime

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 28, 2011, 05:06:39 PM
I would not advise to. what mod? I would try to do a manual install of that mod on RC4
+1
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Frestorm

CapadY

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 28, 2011, 05:06:39 PM

+3
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

BizBink

The mod is not capable with RC4 ... I'm reading it and it does not say it is and the mod is for a topic reorder... It makes it so the order stays the same and doesn't change with replies (good for news updates)

SlammedDime

Just because it doesn't say it's compatible with RC4, doesn't mean it actually isn't.  You can either a) emulate your forum to version RC3 to try to install it or b) if you get errors on installation, manually install it.  To emulate RC3, go to the package manager, click the 'Advanced' link at the bottom below the list of packages and change the version to 2.0 RC3 then try installing the package.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

BizBink

Ok well I'll try that but can you explain both methods in more detail... I'm new to all this

Advertisement: