News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Copyright

Started by hadesflames, January 29, 2011, 02:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViV

In 2.0.7, it appears only if "Display after the SMF copyright" is checked. In case it is unchecked, it does not appear on top of it.

This was perfectly fine in 2.0.6

ViV

Didn't work. The code is now found in Subs-CustomCopyright.php located in Sources folder.

Replacing it doesn't correct the issue. In fact, it makes the Copyright vanish all together. It doesn't appear even in the other scenario i.e. Display after copyright, leave alone the one in question.

ViV

I have installed the other mod available .. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1317 after emulating the forum and it worked like a charm... Anyways, Many Thanks :)

hadesflames

That mod is terrible to be honest...

Both display methods work on a Vanilla version of SMF which means you have something interfering. If you like You can link me to your board and I'll try to see why when I have Some Spare time.

hadesflames

peterwaalker

Rumpa

can you update it using BBCODE

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rumpa

Kindred

that is true.   why would it do that?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rumpa

for stylish colorful custom copyright

Kindred

can't you just put actual HTML in?
Слaва
Украинi

hadesflames

Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2014, 03:30:02 PM
can't you just put actual HTML in?

You can. There's no need to support bbcode for this mod, html can do more anyway.

anonymous423709

And i cannot download this mod.........
I get this error:

Code
install.php
This file should be able to execute standalone.
File Operations
Move the included file "Subs-CustomCopyright.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "CustomCopyright.english.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "CustomCopyright.english-utf8.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".

Can you guys help me please? In simple english... because i am dutch

Please let me hear of you

Greetings from Joey

JF3000

This no longer works correctly. When installed it places the text over the other copyright, doesnt matter whats ticked. Certainly doesn't place it at the end, as for the mods comment, What sets this mod apart from the other copyright mods, is that it works on ALL themes." Afraid not, complete mess.

Kindred

Quote from: papegaaien en parkieten on October 04, 2015, 02:51:24 AM
And i cannot download this mod.........
Can you guys help me please? In simple english... because i am dutch

joey,  you are clicking the wrong location.
You selected the "parse this mod" button...  you SHOULD be clicking the filename above that to download the mod.

JF3000,

You will need to provide somewhat more information if you need help...  because I have installed this on 5 different sites with about 15 different themes and it seems to work fine for me. It uses hooks to put the custom copyright into the copyrightbuffer location.

However, if you theme uses some bizarre format for css on the copyright -- or you have edited the smf copyright -- it might not work.
Слaва
Украинi

JF3000

Using the default theme it places your text right over the top of the existing. Even on a fresh install.

Kindred

you must have some bad css  because, as I said, it places it correctly for me on over a dozen themes.
Слaва
Украинi

JF3000

and I am telling you from a fresh install from this site and installing and only installing your mod it places the copyright text over the other text. Doesn't matter now I have moved on, I've mentioned it not working for me. Thanks for trying to work with me to get it resolved and instead telling me it just works for you. Lovely.

Advertisement: