News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Too Much Tweeting!

Started by Uhura!, January 29, 2011, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Is there a way to set up twitterfeed to only tweet from certain rooms & then to ONLY tweet the thread titles?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

MLM

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Uhura!

I already have a twitterfeed account.

This question is about setting it up to only tweet from certain boards & then to only tweet the titles instead of all the responses.

I have tried using the specific url's for the boards I want to tweet & limiting the feed update to once every 12 or 24 hours...but all that did is produce tweets from my entire site repeatedly.

Does anyone know any tricks for this?

Thanks

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Arantor

Yes, you supply the right form of URL to twitterfeed.com. What URL are you using right now and what boards should it be limited to? (ideally what ids do those boards have, though I can find that out without you knowing what their numeric ids are)

Uhura!

Arantor, once again - I have already tried using the individual board urls & all that did was tweet everything from all boards...as if I had put in the main forum url.

Please advise.

Arantor

Please answer the question I asked, then I'll advise, since it seems likely that the URL was wrong.

Uhura!

I simply copied & pasted each individual url from each board I wanted tweeted & then limitted the update time.

The "ID" is @ the end of the url correct? If so...Here's a few examples:

This board is called "Kidz Talk"
url = http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?board=45.0

This board is called "Contests & Events"
url = http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?board=47.0

There are a few more...but you can see the pattern from these.

Again, the results of using the individual board urls was to tweet everything from every single board as if I had used the main url for the forum...which is: http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?action=forum

Thanks for looking into this.

Arantor

I'm not a bit surprised, because the URL you gave it isn't an RSS feed URL. What twitterfeed is doing is looking at the URL you gave it, realised it wasn't an RSS feed, then examined its content. Inside the internal headers of the forum is a special reference which tells it where to get RSS feeds from - only the one it uses is the entire forum. (Though it still should be what's visible to guests, barring mods that have broken things)

Anyway, the feed URL to use is:
http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;boards=1,2,3

Change the 1,2,3 for the different boards you want to use. This feed will be for the last 10 posts across all those boards, to make it the last 10 topics, add ;sa=news to the end of the URL to get:
http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;boards=1,2,3;sa=news

Uhura!

You are the man!

I will try this in a little while.

Just to confirm - Do I replace the 1, 2, 3 with the Board ID numbers from the url (44, 47, etc?)

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Uhura!

I am glad that you guys are knowledgeable about this. On the set up for the feed it says enter blog url or rss...so I thought the regular url was OK.

Trying this now...

Advertisement: