News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Blue boxes everywhere! [Details inside!]

Started by ButtScratchas, January 30, 2011, 03:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButtScratchas

I just freshly installed 2.0 RC4, installed some mods, and now I get these on the
Portal page:

My installed mods are:
Aeva Media
Battle
SimplePortal
SMF Shop
Spiders Don't Increase Topic Views
2-SI Chat

Is this just a theme issue, like an added image or something from another mod?
[edit] I don't know why I scribbled allover the site name and stuff, rofl, just used to having to remove stuff I guess.
My url is www.clanlol.org

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

JBlaze

It's a theme issue due to the change of CSS since RC3. Instead of looking like this:
<h3 class="catbg"><span class="left"></span>Header</h3>

It should look like this
<div class="cat_bar">
    <h3 class="catbg">Header</h3>
</div>

You may want to contact the theme author or the portal author. One or the other hasn't updated their mod's CSS and templates.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

ButtScratchas

What file would I look into about modifying this myself?
I've looked in the themes css folder, all it has is index.css and an rtl.css, neither of which contain the things you said.

CapadY

did you have a look in /themes/yourtheme/css/index.css  ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

NanoSector

It's a SimplePortal issue I have had on all the sites I have installed SimplePortal on. You'd better choose another portal.

SimplePortal is only good for the original Curve theme...
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Masterd

Just add the Simple Portal's CSS to your theme CSS directory.

CapadY

In Themes/default/css  there should also be 2 files portal***.css. these are needed for the portal. Check if they are there.
If they are, copy them to themes/yourtheme/css  If they are not, you'll have to get them from the SP site.

By the way, I don't know how you are translating your site but in Dutch it's terrible. For instance, in the calendar "wednesday" is translated as "marying".
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Masterd

Quote from: capady on January 30, 2011, 05:16:55 AM
In Themes/default/css  there should also be 2 files portal***.css.

Portal.css and Portal-rtf.css.

ButtScratchas

Quote from: capady on January 30, 2011, 05:16:55 AM
In Themes/default/css  there should also be 2 files portal***.css. these are needed for the portal. Check if they are there.
If they are, copy them to themes/yourtheme/css  If they are not, you'll have to get them from the SP site.

By the way, I don't know how you are translating your site but in Dutch it's terrible. For instance, in the calendar "wednesday" is translated as "marying".
Thank you, I'm not sure what I have set for translations, if you selected a language in the bottom right from the chatbar, that would explain why it translated so badly, I'm pretty sure that chatbar has it's own translation files, but I'm pretty sure I have other languages disabled from the core, as it's meant to be an english only forum, for now anyway.

Thanks to all others that have posted. I've got everything back in working order! :)

Masterd

Advertisement: