Info Center collapsed by default, but not disabled/removed

Started by T_o_m, January 30, 2011, 05:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T_o_m

To unclutter my forum front page, I'd like the Info Center to be hidden/collapsed by default, unless a user explicitly enables it. The current default is that it's shown, but I can click the (-) link and hide it away. I'd like that to be the default behaviour.

I've found a few postings and mods to completely, or selectively (by permissions, user group, etc.) DISABLE the info center, but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't mind it being there, I just don't want it to clutter up the page, unless a user explicitly requests it.

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4

Joker™

Edit  this file (Make backup of file before editing it)

Go to themes\<your theme>\BoardIndex.template.php (if you can find file here, go to Default theme directory and edit it)

Find:
bCurrentlyCollapsed: ', empty($options['collapse_header_ic']) ? 'false' : 'true', ',

Replace it with:
bCurrentlyCollapsed: ', empty($options['collapse_header_ic']) ? 'true' : 'false', ',
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

T_o_m

Joker™

Marking topic solved then, feel free to reopen it and post again if you face problem regarding the above mentioned issue again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: