News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Java SMF Backup

Started by Jeet Chowdhury, January 30, 2011, 09:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeet Chowdhury

Java SMF Backup not working on my windows 7 x64. When i double click nothing happen. Then i run in compatibility mode. Its worked but after closing program i have to reenter forum detailes. :(

Also how shedule forum files backup such as attachment folder etc?

Jeet Chowdhury

also it will be better if it server side take backup then send me the backup to my email address. :) how can i do that?

青山 素子

Make sure you have the Java runtime installed. You can download it from java.com.

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 30, 2011, 10:03:54 PM
also it will be better if it server side take backup then send me the backup to my email address. :) how can i do that?

You'll need to set up something on the server side to do that. Keep in mind that attachments in e-mail can get to be very large and will expand by 33% (due to encoding for e-mail) from their actual size.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Jeet Chowdhury

its just around 100KB now. what i need to setup in server side?

青山 素子

It depends on your server OS, access level, and what exactly you want it to do. I don't know of anything pre-coded so it would need to be built for you.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

distante

Do you have access to cpanel in your hosting? why don't you make backups using cron jobs or putty?

Jeet Chowdhury

Yes i have access. How to use that for automated backup? The os in system is linux.

what i need to put in command here is screenshot.

i want two cron job,

1. Back db and send to me via email every 30min.
2. compress attachment folder and send to me every 6 hour. :)

Advertisement: