News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Track modified posts

Started by nosferatu, January 31, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosferatu

Hello all. I'm using 2.0 RC4 and very happy I am as well. One thing has come up today - if a member modifies one of their own posts, is there any way that the administrator is able to check the wording of both the original post and the modified version even if that means drilling into the mysql text? If not, is it possible to at least confirm that the post has been modified? I'm aware of the option to enable/disable the post edited function but that is currently disabled and I want to find if a post has, in fact, been edited. Hope that makes sense.
Nos
There's a certain joy in being mad that only madmen know

Illori

nosferatu

Thanks Illori. Unfortunately, that's not compatible with RC4. I was hoping that it may have been recorded in the mysql.

Illori

try emulating RC3 using the advanced link in the package manager you may have success that way installing it.

nosferatu

Thanks Illori. The package manager does now state that the mod will install. I've backed up the forum but would you know if this would work on posts that have already been modified or just those modified from now on? It does look like a useful tool but I've had a specific request for a post already modified.

Thanks for your assistance on this

Illori

nosferatu

Yes guessed as much. Thanks Illori. Appreciated

Joker™

You can install that mod for future posts as I'm personally using it on my forum and it has proved to me one of the most useful mods.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: