Coppermine 1.4.1 and SMF 1.1 beta 3 public, bridge not working

Started by Aravot, July 13, 2005, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

I know both programs are in beta but if a solution can be found much will be appreciated.

SMF 1.1 beta 1 and CPG 1.4.1 bridge was working fine but since upgrading to SMF 1.1 beta 3 public and Coppermine 1.4.1 beta bridge doesn't work, I have already posted in coppermine forum but here is more active.

Note: Bridge seems to be working cause when in CPG clicking Login it redirects to SMF login however after login there are no Admin or User controls in CPG 1.4.1

Direct link to CPG test website
Direct link to SMF test website cpg can be accessed from smf by clicking gallery button
test/test (if admin privileges required pm me)

directory structure:
mysite.com
----------- SMF
----------- CPG

Kindred

Aravot...   they responded to your message over on the CPG boards...   Others have set up 1.1b3 and 1.4.1 with no troubles...  I believe the conculsion was that you may have missed something in your setup.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aravot

Kindred, their answer not working yet... but was working with smf 1.1 beta 1, I am trying to find out what has changed since, I know people that have smf 1.0.5 and cpg 1.4.1 running but not smf 1.1b3p and cpg 1.4.1, as for missing a step I don't think so but since it's a test website and have time in my hand I'll start all over again, stay tuned.

Aravot

Restarted all over again installed smf 1.1beta3p and cpg1.4.1 from scratch, completed bridging but now when I login into smf or cpg I get fatal error with blank page, address bar reads http://www.protechsystems.us/cpg/?board=redirect going to restart again this time using cpg CVS code.

Kindred

hmmmmmmmm!

I just tried this myself...   I get Fatal Error no matter which bridge I attempt to use (mambo or SMF)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aravot

Restarted again using cpg 1.4.1 CVS code no fatal error but same result as the original post, any ideas ???

Aravot

Restarted again using cpg 1.4.1 CVS code no fatal error but same result as the original post, except now when I login as regular user test/test I have cpg controls (create album, upload pic) however if I login as admin I don't have any admin controls.

Update : If I create a user or give a user Admin privileges in SMF than in cpg that user has all admin rights but not the original site Admin.

Update 2: I create a user gave the user Admin privileges logged in with that user and removed admin rights from the original site Admin, saved than gave back the admin rights to original site admin !WOLA!  all the admin rights were there in cpg

Kjell H.

I have just installed Coppermine 1.3.3 and bridged to SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public. Mine is working so far except permissions. I am not able to sync groups and therefore registered members cannot upload pictures.

I am told that the smf10.inc.php bridge file is for SMF 1.0, SMF 1.1 is not currently supported.
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/board/index.php?topic=19986.0

Aravot

I have it up and running with SMF 1.1 beta 3 public and CPG 1.4.1 beta

Kjell H.

Quote from: Aravot on July 19, 2005, 04:07:21 PM

Well, I did a fresh install of CPG 1.4.1 beta and after using the bridge manager, I get fatal error on all cpg pages.

Aravot

Quote from: Kjell Heilevang on July 19, 2005, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: Aravot on July 19, 2005, 04:07:21 PM

Well, I did a fresh install of CPG 1.4.1 beta and after using the bridge manager, I get fatal error on all cpg pages.

Update CPG 1.4.1 to latest CVS code

Kjell H.

Quote from: Aravot on July 19, 2005, 07:59:36 PM
Update CPG 1.4.1 to latest CVS code

Thanks for helping, but you lost me. Where do I find the CVS code?

Kjell H.

Thanks.

Uploaded the latest dev files. but same result after bridging. Fatal error.

I will put coppermine to rest until all the bugs have been sorted out and stable versions are up and running.

Aravot

Quote from: Kjell Heilevang on July 19, 2005, 09:47:11 PM
Uploaded the latest dev files. but same result after bridging. Fatal error.

If you read my post above I had the same problem before updating from CVS, I don't know why you are having problem, if you want post a link or PM if you don't want to post a link here I'll have a look.

Kjell H.

Aravot and I have been working on the bridge for my site and we now get the following error message:

Fatal error

QuoteWhile executing query "SELECT u.ID_MEMBER AS id, u.memberName AS username, u.passwd AS password, u.ID_POST_GROUP+100 AS group_id FROM `forumhall`.`forumhall`.smf_members AS u INNER JOIN `forumhall`.`forumhall`.smf_membergroups AS g ON u.ID_POST_GROUP=g.ID_GROUP WHERE u.ID_MEMBER='1'" on Resource id #6

My SMF is working fine, so I am blank from here.

Aravot

Kjell,

I am not sure why you are having problem bridging SMF 1.1 beta 3 public with CPG 1.4.1 beta

Today I installed both programs and bridged for someone it worked like a charm, below was his configuration

SMF 1.1 beta 3 public
CPG 1.4.1 from CVS date 07/21/2005

both programs using same database

www.example.com/smf
www.example.com/cpg

gerrymore

Quote from: Aravot on July 13, 2005, 04:03:47 PM
Restarted all over again installed smf 1.1beta3p and cpg1.4.1 from scratch, completed bridging but now when I login into smf or cpg I get fatal error with blank page, address bar reads http://www.protechsystems.us/cpg/?board=redirect going to restart again this time using cpg CVS code.

I got the same. witrh cpg1.4.1 uysing both the wizard and doing it manually. This was a full clean install of cgg, with a recently updated Forum.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

gerrymore

Quote from: Aravot on July 13, 2005, 05:46:18 PM
Restarted again using cpg 1.4.1 CVS code no fatal error but same result as the original post, except now when I login as regular user test/test I have cpg controls (create album, upload pic) however if I login as admin I don't have any admin controls.

Update : If I create a user or give a user Admin privileges in SMF than in cpg that user has all admin rights but not the original site Admin.

Update 2: I create a user gave the user Admin privileges logged in with that user and removed admin rights from the original site Admin, saved than gave back the admin rights to original site admin !WOLA!  all the admin rights were there in cpg

Just tried that and it doesnt work for me.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Aravot

gerrymore, post a link to your forum & gallery with a test account, I'll have a look.

Advertisement: