News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade from 1.1.12 to 2.0 RC4 doesn't work

Started by cableguy, February 02, 2011, 07:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cableguy

Hi all,

we've decided to lift our currently running board to the latest version.

For checking the workflow, i've created a local copy of the board, running on my Windows machine with XAMPP.
The upgrade to version 1.1.12 ran fine without any problems.

Without any change i've tried to update to 2.0 RC4  in the next step. I've copied all files to the same directory and started the upgrade.php

But all i get is an error:

"The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package."

I've used the large upgrader as i ran the 1.1.12 and not 2.0RC3. Downloaded it again, copied it again, same problem. There are no problems with FTP or permissions as it is a local Windows box with a local file copy.

Any ideas?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Does it say anything more specific than that? Usually I've only seen that message if some files couldn't be overwritten for some reason, or a similar message about language files when there are non 2.0 language packs installed.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cableguy

Hi,

no, that's all. No further messages or details. It locks up within the first step (Login).

There are no additional language packs installed. I've used an old version out of the box, upgraded to 1.1.12 without any modifications and tried an upgrade to 2.0RC4. I wanted to do the modifications after the upgrade to the latest version.

Illori

could you try removing all files/folders but Settings.php from your install and putting all the files/folders from the large upgrade package in their place and see what happens?

also you dont need to upgrade to 1.1.12 before the upgrade to 2.0, any version of 1.1.1* is able to be upgraded to 2.0 directly.

cableguy

Aaah,

i have no idea why, but the upgrade is running now.

I've copied the files again (same i did three times before), but now the installer runs through the upgrade process.  Forum is up and running with the latest version.

Thanks for your tips.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Then there was some file that did not get overwritten properly. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cableguy

Quote from: LexArma on February 02, 2011, 08:06:11 AM
On some days i hate my windows box....

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: cableguy on February 02, 2011, 08:09:58 AM
Quote from: LexArma on February 02, 2011, 08:06:11 AM
On some days i hate my windows box....
Lucky you - I know many who hate their windows box every day :P
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

cableguy

You might be right, but i get my money at work because our customers hate Windows every day. So i have to be patient with my comments about that :D

Advertisement: