News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

staradmin.gif

Started by conyali, February 02, 2011, 02:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conyali

How can i change the icons for admin,users,mods etc. i will make it my own icon. if i try to enter.../images its says no direct accses allow, i try to eddit the image in the theme that i download but when i instal , the forum gives error. please i think its very simple but i dont know how to change rank emblems:S

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You can create your own icons or even name them the same as the current icons BUT you must overwrite the current icons in the respective folder. e.g. {theme URL}/images/

On the safe side, you can upload them to each theme folder that you intend to use or allow user to choose.

Of course, you must have permission to enter and upload a new named icons or replace the current one. Normally, if you have access to file manager, it will be easier. But using ftp is not that difficult too.

If you use a custom made icons with different name, after uploading your icons, you may want to edit the file name for it by editing the respective membergroup. To do that enter your admin control panel (ACP) > Members > Membergroups > Edit Membergroups and choose the respective groups. Then change the filename at Star image filename: after {theme URL}/images/

You can modify many other things related to the membergroups here as well.

Good luck!

conyali

Sorry for my bad english,
can you make some screenshots to show me how?
i dont have login to file manager. only admin panel from the forum

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

If you don't have access to file manager it would be a little bit difficult. You cannot change the file on your host without access to the respective folder.

However, you can still do it if you have access to ftp. Just use ftp to access the respective folder if you do have one.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi conyali, the way ahrasis adviced you to do this is the only viable option - so if you have any access to the files on your server, you should be able to do this.

Just remember, if you add new images to /Default/images you will need to add them to ALL other themes as well, or otherwise those themes will end up causing error on your logs, and showing broken images for users ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: