News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin approval for a certain board

Started by Galaxy Computers, February 02, 2011, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

When a user starts a new thread for a certain board I would like to approve that thread or topic how can I do that?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Illori

in the admin panel under core features enable post moderation, then you need to create a custom permission profile for that one board.

Galaxy Computers

Do I need to do anything under the "Advanced Options" or what?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Illori

YogiBear

1. Follow what Illori has said.

2. Create the Board then give it a permission profile based off default. Give this new Board type any name you like eg. Approval.

3. From that Board you can then adjust membergroup permissions without affecting other Boards. Note topic and post approval permissions will appear in those lists.

I did this a few days ago to create a blog-type board whereby (apart from admin and global mod) only one particular member can create topics, signed-in members can reply normally, and guests can post but must wait for their posts to be approved.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Illori

which part are you having an issue with?

Galaxy Computers

I have a main board for "List your website"

So I went to admin>forums>boards>modify boards>then click on permissions for "List your website" and it takes me to members edit profiles and I don't know where to go from there.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Illori

lets try this way admin ->boards -> modify for the board you wish to add the profile -> link for text "permission set" you will then see a field for profile name, enter a name you can copy from default or other profiles, then create the new profile, then you will need to edit that profile to add/remove the permissions you wish to use for this board.

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Illori

on the edit profile page, click on the profile name you created and customize it, same as if you were creating the permissions for the forum at the start, except these are just for that profile.

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Illori

admin -> permissions -> edit profile then read what i said above again.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The 2.0 Permission Profiles are what basically replaced the 1.1 Local permissions. They are a bit hard to grasp at first, I must admit I had some real trouble trying to learn the "new way" to do things myself - But after you get to know the system, it's not that hard.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: