News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Emailed new reply notifications problem (Too much emails)

Started by checkmater, February 03, 2011, 12:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkmater

Hi, I just started to work using the SMF 2.0 RC4 version and I have a problem with the email notifications to new replies, in a normal situation (for example in ver 1.1.12) the system just sent a notification to the user and the system will not send more notifications until the user visits the thread.

Now in 2.0 RC4 the system is sending an email notification for every new reply in the thread, what can I do, so the system will send just one notification until the user visit the thread?

Thanks in advance!
SMF, other software developing and some other stuff on my website, you can also hire someone at myFreelancing website . xD

Chas Large

Did you have any errors when doing the upgrade?

Are there any relevant errors in the error log?

This is a very odd occurrence and one I have never experienced in many forum upgrades.

There is no way to "Globally" set the notification setting in a Profile to "Instantly" rather than "Instantly but only for the first unread reply" which is what I think you need.

It would seem that somehow, every member's notification has been changed to "Instantly" which will generate an e-mail notification for every post.

I would post a notice Topic to all members and use the Announce Topic feature in the "Attachments and Other Options" area to send an Announcement asking members to check and change this option in their profile.

Alternatively you could manually go through every member's profile and do it for them or do an SQL query on your database to change the setting.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: