how can i add an image into a post?

Started by adipadov, February 03, 2011, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adipadov

when i click add image it just gives me the tags, is this right? I wanna add an image to a post but i cannot get it to work.

Suki

how exactly are you trying to add the image?

to add an image you will need the url  and to use the img tags:

this code:

[img]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7484/smflogoo.png[/img]

will show this:

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

adipadov

What if it didnt have a URL and i just wanted to put a picture in there from my computer?  would i have to transfer the image to my server and then somehow do it?

Suki

yes, you need to upload that image to a server, theres several ways to do that,  you can use the smf attach system, you can upload your image to your own server using ftp  or  like I did in the example above, use an external site to upload your image, in this case  I used imageshack.us
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

adipadov

which folder would be best to upload my image to, i use filezilla for all my ftping.  If i uploaded it to my server would it just be like ?

Also the imageshack thing that you did is that free? do i just upload an image to the site and then use the url way of adding an image?

wandawill

why not click additional options when posting and browse for one?

Suki

yes, imageshack.us is free to use,  there are some options in there, I personally always use the direct link.

if you plan to use your own server, create a folder named  images,  and upload your images there,  the url will look like this:   http://mysite.com/images/my_image.jpg

steveraven

I tried Imageshack and it works fine, but for total simplicity and ease of use for you and your members, try this one -

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1669

Just right click on any image you wanted to upload, save to desktop, then click onto 'add image into post' when you're writing a new post in your forum, and upload your image.

Image shack is ok, but I found that you have to remove the 'hosted by imageshack' message.

Suki

Quote from: steveraven on February 04, 2011, 12:15:42 PM
Image shack is ok, but I found that you have to remove the 'hosted by imageshack' message.

thats  why I don't use the bbc code or html code but the direct link  ;)

convict29

Do you use filezilla? If yes, do these.
1.Upload the pictures to public_html in Images folder.
2.use these code to add the image in your post:
[img]h t t p://www.your-adress.com/images/name Of Picture. JPG(or what extension it has)[/img]

Ps:To see exactely the link for the images you have uploades in Public_html(Images folder) go to:
www . youradress. com/images, select the picture you wanna use in the post and copy-past the link between the [img][/img] tags in your post.

TheListener

Have a look at www.photobucket.com

It is like an online photo album where you have a choice pof links you can use to copy and paste the image.

YogiBear

Or you could use the Aeva mod, create an album visible only to yourself, upload your images then post the image ID directly into a post.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: