postnuke integration help

Started by music_man, July 13, 2005, 09:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

music_man

Hi

I installed postnuke on a server and then added the module pnSMF and installed SMF - it all worked fine and then I upgraded to 1.0.5 and now I get a <-login error -> The url is http://www.music-artists-socialclub.co.nz and the link is "forum".

I had trouble installing 1.0.4 - i.e. the mod didn't apply then I added 1.0.5 and it worked...

Any ideas?

Thanks

[Unknown]

I'm not sure - we didn't write pnSMF.  Is the author offering any support for it?

-[Unknown]

magoo

What is the error message you are getting?  What are you doing when you get the error?
See how I use SMF at hxxp:poetry.magooswisewords.com [nonactive]

RCMF

I think I'm having the same problem as music_man so if anyone here can shed any light on it, it would be most welcome!

SMF 1.0.5
PostNuke-0.750b
Module pnSMF121

These are new installs on a development environment, thankfully!

Here's what I can figure-out so far ...
- Log-out of PN and SMF loads as  "Guest" user.

I also have a problem whereby if I try to use the right-block feeder, it says that my db_name.table_name is not available.  I therefore got to thinking that perhaps pnSMF is not even seeing the db but I can see nothing wrong so far?

If anyone has got this to work properly with the releases above, I would be grateful to know how and with what settings...

Thanks in advance.

[Unknown]

RCMF, try adding this to SSI.php:

// Add the database onto the prefix to avoid conflicts with other scripts.
if (strpos($db_prefix, '.') === false)
   $GLOBALS['db_prefix'] = '`' . $db_name . '`.' . $db_prefix;
else
   @mysql_select_db($db_name, $db_connection);

Add it before "reloadSettings();".  Does that change anything?

I assume you have PostNuke and SMF in different databases?

-[Unknown]

galon

Hello I have the same problem, installed postnuke and SMF in the same data base but postnuke with I modulate pnsmf leaves to me if I erase cookies I enter the forum like guest.

Advertisement: