News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Membergroups Help Needed

Started by xalexo, February 04, 2011, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xalexo

Hello, i am relatively new to SMF, and i need to know how to add "rank" images, example, for the administrator rank i have made an icon, but i need to know how to add it to the member group, thanks in advance for helping,

xalexo

Illori

please do not bump your topic with in 24 hours, some people consider it spam and ignore topics that have been bumped.

Acans

Hi xalexo,

Upload the image via FPT to /forum/Themes/Default/Images folder, than it will appear when editing your membergroups.

If you have a custom theme, its the same except you change Default to the directory of your custom theme.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

xalexo

hello, thank you for your reply, i have tried this and havent had any results, do i need to make a ranks folder or just upload it into the images? also, i dont really understand what you mean by ftp? and do i go into the domain, then themes, images and upload? also, what do i type into the membergroup editor? i really have no clue what to do,
is there any way you could give me a step by step tutorial?

thank you

Acans

In the membergroup editer, you type the images name.

So my support badge is called badge_support.png, so in that area you would do that. Remember to make sure that your also typing your badges format correctly.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Siirist

Quote from: xalexo on February 05, 2011, 02:26:49 PM
hello, thank you for your reply, i have tried this and havent had any results, do i need to make a ranks folder or just upload it into the images? also, i dont really understand what you mean by ftp? and do i go into the domain, then themes, images and upload? also, what do i type into the membergroup editor? i really have no clue what to do,
is there any way you could give me a step by step tutorial?

thank you

First
Quotedo i need to make a ranks folder or just upload it into the images?
Just upload it into the theme images. If you have 3 different themes you will have to upload it to each one.

As ѕησω said
QuoteRemember to make sure that your also typing your badges format correctly.
like star.gif, staradmin.gif, stargmod.gif, starmod.gif

If you have a pic that is 16 pixels X 16 pixels that is called Fantastic Icon that you want to use as an icon for an existing membergroup, you have to name it according to that membergroup.
For non-post count member groups, each one is different (for Administrators, rename it staradmin.gif, for Global Moderators, rename it stargmod.gif, for Moderators, rename it starmod.gif).
For post count membergroups, rename it star.gif and each groups will have a different quantity of the image (newbies=1, Jr. Member=2, Full Member=3, etc).
If it is a membergroup that I created, like Medical Services, it can be any name I choose with a readable extension (jpg, bmp, png).
If you have an icon that is too large, it will look funny. You can open it with MS Paint and re-size it.
For my Medical Services icon it is 36 pixels X 36 Pixels. See attached screen shot "MemberGroupIcons"

Quotealso, i dont really understand what you mean by ftp? and do i go into the domain, then themes, images and upload?
I have a control panel that allows this. See attached screen shot "Control Panel"
That is how I upload files.

Quotealso, what do i type into the membergroup editor?
You type in the name of the file as it appears in your theme/images folder. See screen shot "MemberGroupIcons-2".

That should answer all your questions. O:)
If it did, back-up your forum before ANY changes, and if it works and solves your issue, please mark this topic as solved.

Take Care,
Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: