Customize Team Update - Feb. 4 2011

Started by IchBin™, February 04, 2011, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin™

Hello Everyone!

I just thought I would take a brief moment of your time to say hello, and give a little update on the ongoing life of the Customize team. As you may have noticed our fearless leader SlammedDime has taken a new badge. Real life has crept up on him, and he has had need to step down from the SMF Team to attend his needs. He will be sorely missed, and we wish him the best of luck.

Customize Team Size:
We are actively watching the community for members who we think would be a good fit to join the customize team. We are looking for people who post great mod & code support, as well as people who submit mods that follow the guidelines. A PM to the Team asking how to join is not the way to get noticed.

Our mod queue:
First let me apologize that it is taking so long. With our recent Customizer Team member changes, things have become even more backed up. There are things that you can do to help out however! Please take the time to test and review your code. I'd bet that out of the last 30 mods that have been approved, at least 98% of them have had problems that could have easily been caught had the guidelines been followed and the mod been properly tested. This takes up the valuable time that our team spends on approving mods.

Customize site:
Just to let you know, we are still in the process of working on the Customize Site redesign that SlammedDime started. There are some big plans for this new design. While this work has taken a back seat to the responsibilities of the Team, I'm hoping to change that by adding more people to the Customize Team. If you have any questions or comments on the new customize site, feel free to post them to the original topic.

Thanks.

-IchBin
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Deaks

interesting that you mention mods and not themes all throughout your update :P

QuoteWe are looking for people who post great mod & code support, as well as people who submit mods that follow the guidelines.

what you dont want themers :P

etc etc
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

hadesflames

The offer I sent you via PM is still on the table. I honestly see no harm in trying it. It can only help.

DoctorMalboro

Good news, i hope we can see the new cust site. Keep the good work IchBin(tm) ;)

Quote from: Runic on February 04, 2011, 08:58:02 PM
QuoteWe are looking for people who post great mod & code support, as well as people who submit mods that follow the guidelines.
Themers sux! :P

Deaks

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on February 04, 2011, 10:21:04 PM
Quote from: Runic on February 04, 2011, 08:58:02 PM
Themers sux! :P

you sux :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Cassiel

Arantor

QuoteI'd bet that out of the last 30 mods that have been approved, at least 98% of them have had problems that could have easily been caught had the guidelines been followed and the mod been properly tested.

I guess some things never change. :(

As for your plans for the future, maybe some things do change :)

Advertisement: