News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help with integrated chat.. Thanks

Started by gurlspook, July 14, 2005, 01:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurlspook

Can someone explain to me how to install the "integrated chat," I can seem to install themes pretty well, but this chat thing is a new one for me, and I really have no idea where to begin. What directory I need to install it in..etc

Thanks so much for your help,
Gurlspook

[Unknown]

Well, if you're having problems specific to the mod, it may be best to ask the author.

Generally, though, installing packages is pretty easy.  If you're looking at the mod here, download it from the mod site (it should be a .tar.gz file) and upload it into your Packages directory.  After that, go to your forum, Admin, and then Package Manager.

Once there, you should see a list of mods - which at this time will have just the mod you're trying to install.  Next to it, you should see [ Apply Mod ].  Click that link.

It will now give you a rundown of what the mod wants to do.  Below, you will either see a "Proceed" button, or a prompt for FTP details.  If you have problems with the FTP details, you may want to look at this: How do I use chmod?  After that, you will see the Proceed button again.

Click it, and you're done!  If you're using a theme other than the default, there may be additional steps depending on the theme and mod.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: