News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Plz help me with few problems

Started by Game.ruler, February 05, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Game.ruler

Guys plz help me with these problems. I m facing em from many days -
1. Few days b4 i saw a Core.25443 file in root folder of 113 mb. Is it of any use ? Should i delete it ?
2. Error.log file is now 30+mb. Will deletion cause any problem ?
3. I want feature of thanx in my forum. Is there any way of getting it for 2.0rc4 ?
4. How can i change collapsible quick reply to non collapsible and which file i have to edit to change default quick reply dialog ?
5. I need a feature of "url upload " to my forum. I tried download system but it just adds the url. But i need any mod which can upload files from given url to ftp.
6. I m not able to upload more than 10mb file. My attachment setting is fine. Per post attachment no are 5 and total size per attachment is 40mb and total size per post is 200mb. What i have to do to upload big files ?
Plz friends help me with these stupid problems as i dont know more about these things.
Thanx

Game.ruler

Plz help me friends with these problems. U all are genius. But i dont know how to solve these problems. Plz.

CapadY

Please, don't bump within 24 hours.
Some people will even ignore topics that are bumped that fast for another 24 hours.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

kat

1) Yes. You might want to tell your host about them, though, because they mean that there are/have been server errors.
2) Go ahead and delete them.
3) Check out the mod site. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods
4) Check out Admin>Themes. Although your members can do that, in their profiles, I believe.
5) I don't understand, I'm afraid.
6) Ask your host about the limits they have, for your site.

Arantor

5 is a feature whereby you can just post a URL and have the file uploaded by the server by it doing the download. I've yet to see a truly legitimate (read: legal) reason for doing this. If you want to link to material, link to it, don't screw the forum owner's bandwidth up (once to upload the file and potentially many more times to download)

Advertisement: