about permission ??

Started by darklest, February 06, 2011, 07:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darklest

Hello.  ;D

i want to ask something .i want know how to show every sections to my members and they can access to a VIP sections. but if they don't have a permission they'll cannot posts to those sections.
example : Mr.a is a new member and he see a VIP sections when he has read a topic in the end of that topic. i have hide the important message. so when they click to reply they cannot reply that topics because they don't have a permission ...
I'm using smf 2.0RC4 .

so that is my problem now ..
please help me  :'(
and sorry for my Bad English :D

Siirist

Quote from: darklest on February 06, 2011, 07:19:54 AM
Hello.  ;D

i want to ask something .i want know how to show every sections to my members and they can access to a VIP sections. but if they don't have a permission they'll cannot posts to those sections.
example : Mr.a is a new member and he see a VIP sections when he has read a topic in the end of that topic. i have hide the important message. so when they click to reply they cannot reply that topics because they don't have a permission ...
I'm using smf 2.0RC4 .

So is it like my forum here?
Lists all boards, but can ONLY go to public boards
Categories have boards in them, Boards have topics on them, Topics have replies in them.

Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

darklest

Quote from: SurvivorOfAbuse on February 06, 2011, 08:09:26 AM
Quote from: darklest on February 06, 2011, 07:19:54 AM
Hello.  ;D

I'm using smf 2.0RC4 .

So is it like my forum here?
hxxp:www.asanctuary.net/yoursanctuary/index.php#c21 [nonactive]
Categories have boards in them, Boards have topics on them, Topics have replies in them.

Cloud

Yes i want to do like your board , but i want a members that have permission can post and reply  . not read-only

Siirist

Okay, so here is what I did.
I made the first board of that category a read-only board that everyone (even guests) have access to (can see it). This is only a listing of all the boards in the category.

You will notice that a couple of boards below it you can access and read.

If you want to post, you have to register AND be in a membergroup that has permission to access the listed boards.

Hope that makes sense,
Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

darklest

Quote from: SurvivorOfAbuse on February 06, 2011, 08:25:36 AM
Okay, so here is what I did.
I made the first board of that category a read-only board that everyone (even guests) have access to (can see it). This is only a listing of all the boards in the category.

You will notice that a couple of boards below it you can access and read.

If you want to post, you have to register AND be in a membergroup that has permission to access the listed boards.

Hope that makes sense,
Cloud

Ahh i did it now Thanks Mr. Could  ;D

Siirist

You're Welcome.
Glad I could help,
Cloud
Needed information:

Advertisement: