News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Favicon

Started by NyYaNkEeFaN95, February 06, 2011, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Hello, i have a site at http://sylenttechnologies.com/ravecoasters/ but my favicon wont show. I put it in the ravecoasters folder and it is a 16x16 .ico.

See, http://sylenttechnologies.com/ravecoasters/favicon.ico

ARG01

I usually put it in the public_html folder. Sometimes it can take a while to show.  Afterward do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) or even close your browser and open it back up. ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Matthew K.

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Its says that mod is corrupt or to old for my version 2.0 RC4 and if i put it in public_html wont it be shown on all my subdirectories and stuff

Matthew K.

Admin > Packages > Advanced > Emulate Version: SMF 2.0 RC3

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 06, 2011, 05:10:36 PM
Admin > Packages > Advanced > Emulate Version: SMF 2.0 RC3

Whoa i did not know you can do that

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Wont work with my theme the setting wont show up, any other ideas

ARG01

Quote from: nyyankeefan95 on February 06, 2011, 05:15:46 PM

Quote from: G1 on February 06, 2011, 05:02:17 PM
I usually put it in the public_html folder. Sometimes it can take a while to show.  Afterward do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) or even close your browser and open it back up. ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Quote from: G1 on February 06, 2011, 05:19:34 PM
Quote from: nyyankeefan95 on February 06, 2011, 05:15:46 PM

Quote from: G1 on February 06, 2011, 05:02:17 PM

will this show up on all my other directories or even sylenttechnologies.com

Matthew K.

No, you'd have to put one in each sites public_html.

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 06, 2011, 05:31:01 PM
No, you'd have to put one in each sites public_html.

im confused

my main sites public_html has a folder in it called ravecoasters were the forum is, sylenttechnologies.com/ravecoasters
if i put it in public_html it set my main sites (sylenttechnologies.com) favicon as the one that i want for the forum

ARG01

Putting it in the public_html will make it show on every site you have in that specific directory regardless if it is an SMF site or not. If you want it for the forums only then I suggest using a mod, if you can find one that works.

;)

NyYaNkEeFaN95

Quote from: G1 on February 06, 2011, 05:35:19 PM
Putting it in the public_html will make it show on every site you have in that specific directory regardless if it is an SMF site or not. If you want it for the forums only then I suggest using a mod, if you can find one that works.

;)

thanks

NyYaNkEeFaN95

is there a way to manual edit the index pages to say were to get a favicon from?

Advertisement: