News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question on 2.0 RC3 - Autosubscription

Started by Daniel Maia, February 06, 2011, 05:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Maia

Hi there,

I have a forum SMF 2.0 RC3, and this feature is a lot used in other foruns, it consists in a auto-subscription of a topic whenever a user write a post, and receives an e-mail of new posts, automatically. SMF has this feature? How do i "enabled" it?

thank you a lot

ARG01

In your profile under "Notifications". Or you can select the option to be notified in each topic. Just under each topic you will see a "Notify" button.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Daniel Maia

I think i didn't explained. I wanted that option as default for all users. Example:

I post a new thread, and a user replies in my thread. I wanted a option that, automatically, "autosubscribes" that thread for that user, sending him a e-mail for each reply posted for anyone.

Maybe im not explaining successfully..

Arantor

Admin > Themes and Layout > under your theme > Configure guest and new user options for this theme > Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. > then save.

Then Admin > Themes and Layout > under your theme > Change current options for all members using this theme > select the dropdown for Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. and move it to Change, then tick the box, then save.

Note that this will cause a ton more emails to go out of your server, confusion as your users invariably try replying to them and them going back to you by email not to the forum and if your forum is even remotely popular, complaints and even blacklisting from your host due to excessive emails.

Daniel Maia

Tank you a lot Arantor,

So, i can turn it off whenever i want, right?

thank you very much,
Daniel Maia

Arantor

You can for your own (it should be in your profile area) or you can turn everyone's off through the same sort of steps (just unticking instead of ticking)

Advertisement: