Several SMF (rc4) forums using the same user tables, is that posible?

Started by luuuciano, February 07, 2011, 08:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

Hi!

I am thinking about making a few forums using 2.0rc4... all of them with the same thematic... each one using his own domain...

There is any way to share user tables between them? or something similar?

The idea is that users can log on in each domain with the same user... so, they can post/share things, without having to create multiple accounts...

Any idea?

Best regards and sorry for the bad english :)
luciano
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

luuuciano

Quote from: Simple Series team on February 07, 2011, 08:21:18 AM
This is possible. Let me do a search.

Wow, awesome!
(sorry for not search before asking... I have to talk about that with my psychologist)

will be reading that thread!
thanks a lot!
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

NanoSector

I know more people that do not search ;)
But sometimes you use incorrect keywords.
Thus I don't blame you for it :P

No problem ;)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Deaks

luuuciano, did Yoshi's link work? if it hasnt please can you update us on wht you have done, as you have not responded in a month I am marking this as solved.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

luuuciano

Well, I have read all that thread... and others too... can not find a proper way to handle it I guess... and I have not too much php knowledge to decide what to do/use

In fact I have posted this a couple of minutes before:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16190.msg2981440#msg2981440

Advertisement: