News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Major problems in the forum (perhaps fails to RC4)

Started by Groovy™, February 07, 2011, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovy™

Yesterday I was with some "hacker" had an argument and threatened me that he will crush forum ... and the story he knows a lot of flaws in the RC4 ... I am he responded "go ahead" ... had no access to the forum (it was banned, and he had no information from the Admin's on the forum)
Today I walk on my forum (before that everything was ok, and I have not installed any mods) - (link not leave - warez is) ... and when I login, I washed the following

Then get into the admin panel and wherever I walk, redirected me to the Main Page Board (which means any place to click in the admin panel ... I get a redirect to the home page)

ERROR LOG:

[07-Feb-2011 01:34:10] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in /home/security/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1386
[07-Feb-2011 01:34:12] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/security/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1774

I can not access the log error in the admin panel

I went into cpanel-> phpmyadmin (import and headed ... although it is not wanted for throwing a mistake .... I'm well versed how to import, and many times I came back through forum phpmyadmin, when something happens this time ... I could not)

when import and evicting the following

Error
SQL query:

--
-- Database: `security_groovy`
--
-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `smf_admin_info_files`
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS  `smf_admin_info_files` ;

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected

Please note: do not take off any nonsense on the Internet where you can find a shell or other kinds of malware that steal data ... or any nulled scripts, and other (+ use linus)

fr3aker

did you check on the database being on?

maybe that "hacker" just dropped your whole database or switches some permissions.
you might be successful in deleting the old db (if existing), create it again and upload your backup sql dump.

your Load.php looks fine, the lines throwing up an error are 100% standard and include a comment(1386) or are blank (1774).

it would be very interesting to know if you have any httpd logfiles to identify the used sql injection hole and fix it in some newer version of SMF.

after your forum running again as expected you might consider installing Forum Firewall Mod what might prevent such attacks.

greez fr3aker

Groovy™

Could not be verified, because each log in the Admin panel I redirečtuje to home .... so I'm not able to access any part of the admin panel

fr3aker

only when accessing the errors logs? sounds much like xss-attack on the error log.

by httpd logfiles i pointed to your apache (or lighttpd or whatever) logfiles, these are accessible through a shell connection to your server or if you are using some webhosting it might be available in your hosters webinterface.

Groovy™

I did not very well understood, but well ... I skapirao that you told me that there may be a shell

Just do not understand how this could happen + the forum was under maintenance forum ... I'm sure there's a failure ... because it is above the "hacker" but it worked ... but can not prove, because it is impossible to access the admin panel ... only Cpanel -> I noticed the other IP log

fr3aker

are you posting using an online translator?

neither do you understand what i write, nor am i able to understand what you meant to say.
we need to solve this language barrier before i can help you with this.

Groovy™

I use the Google translator ... unfortunately does not stand well with a good englis

Advertisement: