News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

installed.list Issue

Started by tbk22, February 08, 2011, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbk22

For mistake I clicked to remove the list of installed mods and now every MOD I have appears not installed in the package area although it is working in  the forum

I went to the database and changed in the smf_log_packages table the Install state from 0 to 1 on all mods... and they are all still showing up as unninstalled

Is there any way I can solve this?

Can I manually add my mods to installed.list?
=)

Arantor

No, since they're not listed in installed.list and not supposed to be - installed.list is only supposed to contain the timestamp of last edited file.

And now you damaged the log_packages table (since it stores the install/uninstall state to manage installing on custom themes) so recovery could be interesting... did you take a backup lately?

tbk22

I did, but I would rather not have to use it :/

Someone should really look onto that option to wipe out the installed.list file... Im sure Im not the first one that has fallen for that and why would you want to do that?

So there's no other way?

Forum is still working normally and the mods too... They just dont show as installed...

Can I revert the changes in the table back to 0 and then Backup and use that backup? (because I would loose some hundred posts with the latest backup before this)
=)

Arantor

QuoteCan I revert the changes in the table back to 0 and then Backup and use that backup? (because I would loose some hundred posts with the latest backup before this)

Don't revert the changes, that'll screw it up just as much as it already is (since some rows are meant to be 0 and some are meant to be 1)

You know, you could just attack the dump file with a decent text editor and only restore the backup of that one table...

installed.list is mostly a relic from 1.1.x where it used to contain the entire list of installed packages but now it only contains a timestamp for checking (though I'm not sure why)

tbk22

Quote from: Arantor on February 08, 2011, 06:59:31 PM
QuoteCan I revert the changes in the table back to 0 and then Backup and use that backup? (because I would loose some hundred posts with the latest backup before this)

Don't revert the changes, that'll screw it up just as much as it already is (since some rows are meant to be 0 and some are meant to be 1)

You know, you could just attack the dump file with a decent text editor and only restore the backup of that one table...

installed.list is mostly a relic from 1.1.x where it used to contain the entire list of installed packages but now it only contains a timestamp for checking (though I'm not sure why)
I will try it then :/I hope I don't loose much
=)

Antechinus

Just open the backup file, find the dump for the packages table, copy that out and save as a new sql file, then restore that. It should work. If you need help with that ask again.

Advertisement: