Can't post New Thread, Post Reply etc.

Started by mikes25, February 08, 2011, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes25

I have problem with my forum, i just install it on my server, and i have problem with post reply, add new thread because i don't see any button option only this:

Screen:
http://img11.imageshack.us/i/newbitmapimagefg.png/

Has anyone know how to fix this ?

thx. in advance

Oldiesmann

Try re-uploading all of the files. It looks like it might be a problem with one of the templates.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

kat

Hi, Mike! Welcome to the forum, man!

What are you using to upload the files?

If it's Filezilla, make sure "Transfer type" is set to "binary".

Filezilla has a... er... "Feature". ;)

mikes25

I used totalcommander, and now filezilla, i set transfer file to binary mode but it still doesn't work.. i don't know what to do..

Illori

is this an upgrade or a clean install? is your database utf-8?

mikes25

Illori

mikes25

probably yes, but how can i check it to be sure ?

Illori

admin -> languages and see if english with character set utf-8 is installed. if not go to add languages to install

mikes25

it was ISO-8859-1, so i install UTF-8 and nothing change..

Illori

did you make sure it was set as default?

mikes25

ISO-8859-1 was set as default, when i installed utf-8 i set it as default

Illori

i have seen a similar image before on the forum, but off hand i cant recall what the fix was. too bad i cant remember what the topic was to search for it.... and we cant search for images :P on the forum if you cant remember their name etc.

mikes25

maybe you remember how long it was ? and problem was with this version ? i'll make everything to find it!

Illori

it should have been with rc4, but i have no idea how long ago it was posted.

mikes25

thx, if i find it i'll post here a answer of problem

mikes25

I found source of problem, it depends of server where we install SMF because the provider where i install SMF add to the code his script with advert.

Joker™

mikes25 do you require further assistace with this topic or can we mark the topic as solved?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: