SMF not full loading at the first visit

Started by warezjasz, February 09, 2011, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warezjasz

Hello everyone, here's a deal:

gseo.pl

As u can see, the page is not loading properly, but when u reaload it again, its all fine.

I tried to change skin to default, but the problem is same.

Is it host fault, or maybe some mods?

Please help me :)

Illori

QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

once you fix that problem we may be able to help you.

warezjasz

yea, ATM I'm trying to fix it by reinstaling whole things

Matthew K.

warezjasz

OK guys, I already know what was a problem: it was "Remove Index.Php From URL" mod :/

That's a big shame for me, cos it was very useful, so anyone know how to remove ..../index.php and avoid problem from my first post on this topic?

Matthew K.

It might be a good idea to post on the mods support topic then...

Mari-chi

:/ I remember that mod caused trouble for me as well when I first installed it. It wouldn't let me access my own forum. >>

Arantor

I seem to recall discouraging the author from doing such an unpleasant hack to achieve it, since it breaks so many other things.

Really, having index.php in the URL isn't a killer.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: simply nobody on August 20, 2010, 04:01:10 AM
Note: If in any case you face any problem with this mod, here is the solution:
In /Sources/QueryString.php find:

$scripturl = $boardurl;
change it back to:
$scripturl = $boardurl . '/index.php';

Well the mod is only one simple modification and not really a hack Arantor.

Arantor

But it IS a hack by definition. A hack is something that is used to alter behaviour but is unclean in some way and doesn't worry about any of the consequences.

Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2011, 06:06:26 AM
But it IS a hack by definition. A hack is something that is used to alter behaviour but is unclean in some way and doesn't worry about any of the consequences.
If this mod truly does that, then I think it is best for it to be removed from the mod site. I will write to the team to remove it then captain.

Arantor

To just remove index.php from the URL has consequences that aren't being taken care of - as this support thread indicates.

The mod has reported, was advised to be corrected and has been updated. Please try version 1.1. If problem continues, please update in the support thread.

Advertisement: