News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I have a problem with users permissions...

Started by malcomxar, February 10, 2011, 10:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcomxar

Hi!

I am having a bit of a problem with member's permissions...

The thing is that I have created a profile in permissions by board that allows only users with +25 posts to be able to create a new thread... The profile is assigned correctly to the forum, yet users with less that 25 posts can create posts :S

I don't know which the problem may be here (maybe the permissions are bypassed by permissions by membergroup?)

Thanks in advance!

Matthew K.

Would you please take a screenshot of the membergroups permissions and of modifying the board so we can see what your settings are?

Illori

does the group regular members have the permission to post new threads to that board as well as those in post count groups?

malcomxar

Hi all! I think the problem is that when the user registers it has 0 messages, then when he posts he gets +1 and the post count membergroup takes control of his permissions.
I have a post count membergroup that is the one you should be upon registration as it requires 0 messages to belong to that one... even though, that doesn't happen (as you can see i nthe pic)

I have tried with this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1804 but it made no difference...

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Illori

post count member groups and the default member group do not show up in the member list.

malcomxar

Quote from: Illori on February 12, 2011, 06:49:56 AM
post count member groups and the default member group do not show up in the member list.

I know but what i was trying to show in the pic is that the user registered (tester6) has no membergroup after registering.

Here is the pic of that

Which is the default membergroup? Regular Members? Because I have double checked their permissions (these group permissions are shown in the other pic)
GPTPrincipiante's permissions are the same of Regular Members, yet, they can post :S

Illori

yes regular members is the default group and as such it does not appear as an assigned member group.

malcomxar

Ok, so how come users can post if they dont have the permissions to do so? (see attached pic)

Illori

as long as the post count group for 0+ posts has that permission or the regular member group does they can post.

kat

Also, if you have membergroups that aren't based on post-counts, check that one of the permissions for THAT group aren't interfering.

I hate post-count groups. They're a pain in the bum. :)

malcomxar

Hey thanks for the replies!

The thing is that the "+0" and the "regular members" groups had the same permissions but they could post :S

I deleted that profile and created it from scratch and the problem was solved. The weird thing is that permissions were the same from the profile deleted :S

Dont know why it worked, kind of weird... maybe there was a problem in the DB.

Anyway, problem solved!

Thanks!

Advertisement: