News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Restore "Membergroups"

Started by twig/al, February 11, 2011, 01:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twig/al

I have found that I have set up my "membergroups" incorrectly.. Is there a way toreplace a file or something to get everything back to the original configuration? Hopefully without losing any members.

Matthew K.

A little more detail would help. What exactly happened? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

twig/al

In my forum, I have one membergroup for members only, that belong to a club. And the rest are member of the forum, but not the club. I am just now relizing that I did it all wrong, I have it working but it takes a lot of extra work. What I am asking is how to get all the setting back to the way it came to start with. Then I can set everything the correct way. I am not sure that I have not changed the original file and have it corrupted some way.. I forgot before to add that I am using 2.RC4. I have myself confused, so I hope this explains it OK.

Matthew K.

You can use a Large Upgrade which should accomplish what you need to do? Or, if you're talking about member settings and so fourth there is a way to reset member options in the member options section of the Admin Panel.

Masterd

Quote from: twig/al on February 11, 2011, 01:36:54 PM
In my forum, I have one membergroup for members only, that belong to a club. And the rest are member of the forum, but not the club. I am just now relizing that I did it all wrong, I have it working but it takes a lot of extra work. What I am asking is how to get all the setting back to the way it came to start with. Then I can set everything the correct way. I am not sure that I have not changed the original file and have it corrupted some way.. I forgot before to add that I am using 2.RC4. I have myself confused, so I hope this explains it OK.

* Masterd is still confused with this.

twig/al

I will try. I have one membergroup called "club members", everyone else is just a "regular member", when I set them up I some how have two "regular members" and the "club members". If I remove one of the "regular members" nothing works correctly, which it the reason I think I have a corrupted file. The way I have it set is the "club members" have more "permissions" that the "regular members". The "regular members should be the "default membergroup" that a new forum member would go into. The problem I have is I have to move the new member into the "regular members" for them to be able to post and use the forum. I hope this makes more sense.

Advertisement: